KHES Parent Update
News You Can Use From The Principal’s Office
Dear KHES Families,
HERE WE GO! Get ready for our great remote learning adventure to begin. Our teachers and staff are
excited and we’ve developed, designed, and are ready with information, activities, and support to help you
have a successful remote learning experience. Please see below for the important information you’ll need to
get through next week. During the week, you will learn how to access and be successful with remote learning.
We will begin core instruction on Monday, August 24. Our number one priority next week is to confirm you
have the knowledge and skills to access and be successful with remote learning. As always, if you have any
questions, please reach out to us here at school. We are here to help, encourage, and support you as we
embark on this adventure together.
Dr. Flo :)
Friday, August 14
● Dr. Flo sends out parent News You Can Use with a heads-up checklist giving parents and students a
heads up on what’s coming next week.
● Teachers begin reaching out to parents and students with a heads up for next week and to begin
scheduling virtual face2face meetings with students and parents.
Monday, August 17
● 9:00 a.m. parents and students will get an email with a link to a welcome message from Dr. Flo, Dr.
Colvin, and Mrs. Heroux
● Immediately after, parents and students will have access to welcome messages from their homeroom
teachers, as well as all Specials and Support Staff.
● Teachers will continue reaching out to parents and students to schedule virtual face2face meetings with
students and parents.
● IMPORTANT! Parents and students must reply to their homeroom teacher’s email, phone call, or
Google Meet invitation on Monday. This establishes 2 way communication and officially begins the
student’s enrollment at KHES.
● Students should complete the Monday activity in the “What’s happening next week checklist” above
that will orient them to Class Link and their grade’s Learning Management System.
Tuesday, August 17 through Friday, August 21
● Students complete daily activities that will teach the skills, knowledge, and dispositions that will ensure
a successful remote learning experience.
● Teachers will take daily attendance based on activity completion.
● Teachers will hold virtual meetings with students and parents throughout the week.
● SOAR Expectations have been re-written for remote learning. Here is a matrix outlining what it means
to Stay safe, Offer help, A ct Responsibly, and R espect yourself and others in a remote environment.
Our teachers will be discussing Remote SOAR expectations the first weeks of instruction.
● Social Emotional Learning - SEL lessons will be a routine part of our schedule. Parents can access our
SEL lessons for review or reinforcement here. SEL Calendar
● Our Positive Behavior and Intervention Support (PBiS) theme for the year is #Be the I in...
○ Each month, our PBiS and SEL lessons will highlight a different word. The word for August is
Here is a link to the August Be the I in Kind Newsletter from our School Counselor,
Charlotte Heroux. #BetheIinKind.